26. March 2013 20:22
One of the easiest novelty candles to make is the streak candle. What makes this project so easy is that you do not have to change anything you are doing when pouring your candles.
- To start this project, first select any pillar type mold. Melt your wax 10-15° F higher than your usual pouring temperature. Add your scent as usual but do not add color.
- Before pouring your wax into the mold take any color block or pigment dye and shave it into smaller pieces, you can do as many colors as desired.
- Once you have shavings of several colors, pour your wax into the mold.
- As soon as you are finished pouring, take pieces of your shavings and place a needle through the shavings.
- Hold the needle with the shavings against the mold. The dye will begin streaking down the sides causing a "tie dyed" effect. Repeat this using the same or different color, being careful not to over color.
Any mold can be used for this project.
Each candle made will look different than any other one and allows you to do an infinite amount of themed candles such as red, white and blue or any other color.