Fall has arrived. The leaves soon are going to begin to change colors, the weather is just perfect, and people can't wait to fill their homes with every fall scent imaginable, from pumpkin and cinnamon to apple cider donuts and spiced cider. We may be a little biased, but what is the best way to make that happen? Candles.
Here are the details on how to make delicious smelling fall candles that you easily can make for your home or share with friends.
- Prepare an area for the candles to be poured by placing newspaper or large sheets of paper over a firm and flat surface.
- Place the glue dot on the bottom of the metal sustainer of the pre-wick.
- Place the metal sustainer of the pre-wick in the center of the tin, and press down to help secure it to the bottom.
- Empty the 1 lb. bag of soy wax into the pouring pot.
- Heat the soy wax by placing the pouring pot into a large pot of water that has been brought to a boil. This will create a double boiler; don't place the pouring pot on direct heat.
- Heat the soy wax until it is completely melted. Once the wax is melted, place the thermometer in the wax to get a temperature reading.
- Add shavings from the dye blocks until you achieve the desired color. (Candle will set up lighter then what shows in the pot at 150°F.) Mix thoroughly, until all shavings are completely melted in the wax.
- Allow the soy wax to cool to 140°F, and add the fragrance. Use 1 oz. of fragrance per 1 lb. of soy wax.
- Once the fragrance is added, pour the melted wax into the candle tin. Fill the tin until the wax reaches the groove in the tin, about ¼" from the top.
- Once the candles are poured, take the bow-tie clip and place the top of the pre-wick through the center of the hole of the bow tie clip and secure it in the groove. Allow candle to completely cool.
- Once the candle is completely cooled, trim the wick to ¼" and place the burning-instruction label on the bottom of the tin.
- Allow the candle to sit for at least 24 hours before lighting.
Buy the Ingredients for This Project
Capacity: 8 oz
Sold 12 per pack or 175 per case